Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ciao Ancora! E Senor Blum


Its been a long time since I've posted. The birth of my daughter in 2011 has not given me much time to travel or even fantasize about jetting off to exotic places. Most of my days are spent running after a very busy toddler. I hope to start posting again regularly, but I think this blog may evolve more into daily musings and will certainly become more child centric. That said, I did have the opportunity to take a long vacation to Italy last year when my daughter was only 7 months old. Our 2 night stay in Venice involved climbing 100s of stairs carrying a stroller in 90 degree heat! I did come across the little gem of a puzzle shop Senor Blum in quiet Dorsoduro where I picked up this cat puzzle. All the puzzles in his shop are hand cut and many have Venetian themes like the one above. I had hard time deciding which to purchase, but did not have room for many of the more elaborate designs in my suitcase. This one appealed to me as the silhouette of the cat is a reminder of the many stray cats one sees in Venice, and the window is so distinctive of Venetian architecture. It has been sitting on a shelf in my daughters room since I got it and she has just recently been requesting I take it down for her to look at. We work it together and it's a nice reminder of those hot days spent in Venezia.

Senor Blum
2840 Dorsoduro
Venezia, VE 30123 Italy
+39 041 522 6367

No comments: